We’ve probably all been faced with the challenge at one time or another where we have a Mac set of fonts and we need to create or output from a Windows workstation, or vice versa. Whether a Mac or Windows user, TransType Pro, simply put, will convert Mac fonts to Windows fonts and Windows fonts to Mac fonts but it doesn’t end there.
In addition to converting the platform of a font, TransType Pro is a TrueType, PostScript Type 1, and OpenType font-conversion utility.
TransType Pro will quickly:
- Convert Type 1 to TrueType or OpenType
- Convert TrueType to Type 1 or OpenType
- Convert OpenType to TrueType or Type 1
- Convert to a FontLab proprietary format called VFB or
- Convert multiple master Type 1 fonts either into single master or into multiple master Type 1 fonts or into TrueType or OpenType fonts for Windows or Mac.
You can perform both a platform and a format conversion at the same time, or perform the conversions independently, but still, TransType can do more. Much more.
When converting fonts to a Mac Type 1 format, TransType can:
- Automatically generate the bitmaps
- Enable the user to choose the encoding for both the source and destination font
- Build font suitcases automatically – or you can control this feature manually
- Process converted fonts with Python macro scripts (using MacPython interpreter)
- Convert fonts inside a .sit archive (using Stuffit)
TransType is extremely simple to use, with a clean interface that will have you converting fonts within seconds of completing the installation.
When the fonts have been successfully converted (e.g. from Mac format to Windows format), you can then use a jump drive or email them to your Windows platform and install as you would any other font on your system.
TransType offers control over how resulting conversions will be named. You may add a suffix to a resulting Macintosh file. One option is .suit for a suitcase of fonts, but you may a suffix here and it will be added after the font name.
One of the greatest features of TransType is the ability to create a missing plain, bold, italic, or other styles of a font.
True genius at font work
With TransType 4, your fonts work when and where you want them to. Fully redesigned, built on a brand-new software core, amazingly fast and versatile, TransType is far more than the ultimate font converter. TransType organises font families, fixes font problems, and allows you to play and experiment with monochrome and multi-colour fonts.
Generate rock-solid, high-quality OpenType, TrueType or @font-face web fonts. Turn monochrome layered fonts or any colour fonts into gorgeous multi-colour OpenType fonts. And if you’re a font publisher, TransType is the best tool to turn your VFBs or UFOs into shipping fonts.
With TransType you can easily change outline font format or platform, take any Windows font and get correctly built Mac PostScript font suitcase with set of bitmap fonts.