ScanFont 5 allows you to scan or draw font characters and export them to an outline font editor for further editing.
In six easy steps, ScanFont will enable you to create your own unique fonts from your handwriting, logos, old lettering, bitmap images or outline illustrations.
- Put a signature, logo or symbol into a font
- Turn someone’s handwriting into a font
- Convert old print lettering or letterhead into modern electronic format
- Create symbol fonts
ScanFont includes a very precise auto-tracing algorithm that is designed to work with characters, so you can transform everything that you can print on paper or see on the computer screen into high-quality outlines and transfer them to FontLab Studio, AFS or TypeTool which can export Type 1, TrueType or OpenType fonts.
To turn your graphics into fonts, you simply need to open your image or import one from your scanner, adjust it to fit the look that you want to achieve, and then automatically separate the image into character shapes using the presets and customisable options provided.
Next, you can adjust your shapes and then export them to your outline font editor for fine-tuning. After that, finally, generate a Type 1, TrueType or OpenType font using your editor. ScanFont will quickly convert your images into your own unique fonts for use in your publications.
- High-quality fully customisable autotracing algorithm especially designed to handle characters
- Automatic detection of glyphs and strings in a source image
- Support of almost all bitmap image formats, black-white or colour
- Support of vector EPS format. High quality EPS import
- Integrated full-colour bitmap editor with more than 15 tools and 20 filters
- Free-hand drawing tools with digitising tablet support
- Export of outlines to an outline font editor or FontLab vfb format
- 100+ levels of undo/redo
- Easy-to-use customisable interface
- Import formats PNG, JPG, GIF, TIF, EPS, ScanFont 3 Document (.sfd), ScanFont 4 Document (.sf). On Windows also BMP. On Mac OS X also PDF. Also imports directly from scanner.
- Export Formats FontLab Document (.vfb), ScanFont 4 Document (.sf). Outline glyphs can be exported to one of the following supported Fontlab outline font editors FontLab Studio 5.0.3 or higher, TypeTool 3.0.0 or higher, AsiaFont Studio 5.0.0. Older versions of those products will not work.
- Tools Edit bitmaps (select, marquee, freehand, magic wand, pencil, brush, eraser, fill, line, polygon, rectangle, ellipse, text). Manage glyph shapes (separate, cell, knife, scale). Trace.
- Filters Character separation, Fill, Noise reduction, Blur, Sharpen, Colorise, Resize, Rotate, Enhance, custom filters
- Windows Image, context sensitive popup menus and property windows