The Connect ALL Automation Package bundle includes Connect ALL, Switch Core Engine, Configurator Module, Metadata Module, the SwitchClient Module and 1-year of Maintenance and Support.
Connect to save valuable time in production and avoid costly mistakes!
With Connect ALL, it’s like having a prepress professional on-site with your design clients!
- Like to receive PDF files right the first time?
- Teach your customer technical details over and over again?
- Spend hours of unbillable time correcting incoming files?
- Like to know when a client sends in a file or correction?
- Like to leave work on time?
Creating a PDF from most desktop applications is not a massive challenge. However, ensuring that the file created is a press-ready PDF for professional output still is. Connect is designed to traverse the gap between creative and production professionals by helping designers deliver high-quality jobs right – the first time – with no IT or prepress skills required. This saves valuable time in production and helps avoid costly mistakes.
Today, designers are creating files for a variety of mediums like computers, mobile devices, tablets and even for multiple browsers. What happens far too often is that the files that are sent to a media service provider don’t match the required output settings. The service provider then needs to correct the designers’ creations so that they will be suitable for their ultimate purpose.
The printer spends too much time and too many resources fixing PDFs that lack basic quality control standards. The designer, meanwhile, experiences delays in production and a lack of control over the final output. The lack of quality in the PDFs sent by designers to production is an issue for everyone involved in the production process.
Connect addresses the most common problems with PDF files at the source – on the creator’s workstation, where they can be easily fixed. By controlling the overall PDF creation process, and tying it to the correction and preflight capabilities of the built-in PitStop technology, typical issues such as missing fonts, low-resolution images and other common problems are easily addressed before the PDF files are received by the service provider for production.
The Enfocus Connect family was designed to increase the efficiency of PDF file delivery from designer to service provider.
For PDF creation, Enfocus Connect has the Adobe Normalizer built right in the same engine used by the Adobe Creative Suite or Acrobat.
Enfocus Connect creates easy-to-use applets called Connectors, that sit on your client’s desktop and which have all the necessary settings contained within them. The multipurpose cross-platform applets, called Connectors, automatically perform a variety of tasks, including high-quality PDF creation from any application, verification, job ticketing, and automated file/job delivery via FTP, HTTP, e-mail or Enfocus Switch.
Each Connector contains all the settings and information needed for every function, including log-on credentials for file transfer. The Connector appears as a desktop icon for easy drag-and-drop access, and is also accessed via either an application’s Print menu, or a dedicated “Export as Certified PDF” menu option in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CS5-CC editions.
When used by a designer, the Connector can help to replace the prepress knowledge required for the output process. By simply ‘printing’ to the correct Connector, the designer can easily generate a top-quality PDF from whatever application they are using, even historically challenging applications like Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher.
Once the PDF creation process is complete, the Connector can send the PDF and related job information to the service provider. Receiving files directly from the Connector helps avoid the cumbersome FTP or HTTP upload processes and gives the print provider confidence that the PDF is of the best quality and is (in most cases) ready for production. This means no phone calls, no support issues for the prepress staff and no delays in files entering production.
PRINT SERVICE PROVIDER:
- Create a branded Connector combining PDF output settings, job ticketing details and file transmission settings.
- Distribute the Connector to the customer.
- Download the Connector.
- Export, print or drag-and-drop files onto the
- Fill out the job ticket details such as due date,
quantity, paper type, etc.
The Connector takes over, generating the PDF file based on the print service provider’s requirements and delivering it with the job ticket via FTP, HTTP, Dropbox or email.
NO MORE HASSLE FOR EITHER PARTY!
Designers and Print Buyers – Print to a Connector
- Nothing to remember
- Easy to use
- Perfectly matching the printers’ settings
- Avoid multiple proofing and approval cycles
- Eliminate common PDF problems and errors Minimise miscommunication
- PDF automatically delivered to the right location with the correct output specifications.
PRINT SERVICE PROVIDERS CAN DISTRIBUTE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF BRANDED CONNECTORS
Connectors ensure that all incoming files meet your production requirements and are accompanied by a job ticket that synchs with both estimating and scheduling systems and your prepress workflow.
- PDF quality control using built-in Enfocus PitStop technology, including support for Smart Preflight.
- Create high-quality PDF files from any application via a virtual print driver or an Adobe Creative Suite plug-in.
- Deliver files to FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPs, email, Dropbox, or Enfocus Switch workflows.
- Create custom XML, CSV, or TXT job tickets that are uploaded with a job.
- Define variable file names for PDF files.
- Restrict file delivery based on file type.
- Update remote Connectors automatically.
- Receive automatic notification emails.
Tech specs – Connector Features
- Define and manage as many Connector projects as needed
- Create and distribute unlimited number of Connectors
- Create Connectors for MacOS and Windows
- Customise the functions of each Connector
- Brand Connectors with your icon and background image
- Add your customer URL link to the Connector screen
- Add your custom instructions to the Connector screen
- Colorise text to match your custom background
- Lock Connector projects to avoid accidental changes
Connector Functions – PDF Creation
- Enable a virtual printer for PDF creation from any application
- Enable plug-in support for Creative Suite and Creative Cloud products
- Virtual printer PDF creation through the built-in Adobe Normalizer
- Predefine PDF settings using standard Adobe PDF Settings
- Automatically rename PDFs with static text and variables
- Use Job Ticket fields as variables in PDF file naming
- Adjust bleeds, marks and more for Creative Suite/Cloud applications
- Restrict printing for client-side saved PDFs created by Connectors
- Apply Pitstop Action List to client-side saved PDFs created by Connectors
Connector Functions – PDF Preflight
- Define a PitStop Pro Preflight Profile to verify that PDFs meet your standards
- Define a PitStop Pro Action List to correct common PDF problems
- Enable colour management settings for PDFs
- Enable Certified PDF “full save”
- Restrict or allow PDFs that fail Preflight to be delivered
- Select to deliver a Preflight report
- Select from all preset or custom Pitstop Preflight report styles to be used by a Connector
- Select to deliver an annotated Preflight report
- Enable or disable Preflight review for Connector users
- Add a Preflight results identifier to file names
- Use Smart Preflight with electronic Job Tickets to customise Preflight settings
Check out the overview of Connect — Designed for Control, Consistency and Ease:
Create the smartest automated production workflow in existence!
Enfocus Switch 2018 is the newest version of the modular, affordable automation solution that works the way you do. Enfocus Switch eliminates errors, streamlines repetitive functions and drives your productivity to levels previously unattainable.
Organise and manage workflows in a smarter way
With Switch 2018, you can receive, sort, route, notify, convert and optimise all possible file types, split & merge PDF files and easily control and drive third-party applications to deliver to any output medium. Enfocus Switch is a modular and open software solution that gives companies of all sizes and budgets a streamlined way to manage their files and associated business processes. Switch can easily be integrated with your existing systems and processes to maximise the productivity of your entire organisation.
Switch seamlessly ties together multiple applications into a customised and automated end-to-end workflow. No matter where a file originates from, what format it is in, or what the output will be, the workflow connected by Switch ensures the file is processed in less time, with less effort and at a lower cost.
Switch can control and automate applications that execute tasks such as:
- Converting between file formats
- Formatting and optimising images
- Preflighting and optimising PDFs
- Assembling complex documents and multi-part jobs
- Imposing files
Switch also integrates with the following critical back office and enterprise solutions for more intelligent job processing and company-wide data capture:
- Management Information Systems
- Digital Asset Management Systems
- E-commerce and web-to-print
Scalable to meet your needs
Whenever you need to expand the system’s versatility or increase throughput, Switch will help you grow with your business by providing an economical alternative that lets you implement only the functionality that you require.
Maximise your investments
Since Switch enables you to scale freely, and to take full advantage of your existing software investments and your employees’ skills in using them, it will deliver a rapid return on investment, with most sites recouping the costs in a matter of several months.
Switch can be tailored to create a customised workflow that’s right for your business
Switch offers a simple interface to guide you through building your workflow. The result is a custom, dynamically linked workflow that connects all necessary applications. Perfect for businesses who cope with the following challenges:
- We lose time sorting out and distributing files to the right people in our organisation.
- We put a lot of manual effort in processing files and images.
- We have many files to traffic, deliver and archive.
Switch will help you tackle these pains, step by step!
Discover the difference Switch can make
Communication is vital to the success of every organisation, no matter what kind of business you are in. The largest portion of that critical communication consists of the files your business creates, receives and shares with customers, partners and employees.
Take control of your organisation’s processes
With manual processes, you constantly need to check the quality of files being produced and the way they are shared and received. Switch eliminates that worry, giving users a secure way to automate the entire process with a guarantee of high quality.
Be consistent in all you do
Each company needs to be sure that the procedures it uses for processing files are consistent and error-free. Switch gives you a way to create workflows that automatically ensure this level of consistency and accuracy, while being flexible enough to adapt to new business needs as they develop within your organisation.
Use only what you need — grow when you’re ready
Switch is offered as a modular and open software solution. You can start by automating key processes and add modules with additional functionality as your business grows or specific requirements need to be fulfilled. This modular approach assures that you only pay for the functionality you need.
Like all Enfocus products, Switch is built with an open architecture that allows seamless integration and use of data and functionalities from other solutions. This provides companies the greatest flexibility for the least investment.
Benefit from Enfocus’ history of success
Enfocus has a history of providing affordable automation solutions that have enabled thousands of businesses across many industries worldwide to improve communication, productivity and quality. This experience makes Enfocus uniquely qualified to help businesses bring the same level of success to their file management processes.
Make your flows crystal clear to everyone
To help you build concise and user-friendly flows, Enfocus have created a powerful tool set to make sure your flows are clearly understandable and recognisable by everyone:
- NEW! Colored elements and connections
- NEW! Invisible grid to easily align flow elements
- Description fields for elements, which show as a tooltip when the flow is activated
- A flow documentation feature, which exports your flow to an HTML page. Each element and connection is clickable and is linked to a clear description.
Take advantage of proven technologies from industry leaders
Switch is integrated with numerous third-party applications that are in widespread use in the printing, publishing and graphics industries.
Whether you want to automate the setup and functionality of a software application or upload/download files and information from DAM and MIS/ERP systems, Switch provides you with an easy-to-use and configurable interface.
Enfocus Switch: Modular Approach
Switch Core Engine
As its name implies, the Switch Core Engine is the starting point for enabling automation of the file management tasks you perform every day, including: receiving, sorting, routing, renaming, processing and tracking files. Switch enables you to use job and file information — whether it’s the file name or file type — to plan your workflow and automate routing and processing. Automating these tasks results in standardised procedures, reducing the number of errors, the time spent managing files and the costs involved in file management.
When you are ready to start automating more complex business operations, Switch offers a wide range of Modules to help meet your specific needs. These Modules permit you to connect to databases and websites, add power to your processing capability and enhance communications.
The Configurator Module allows you to integrate, control and automate third-party applications.
Enhance your workflow’s intelligence (processing and routing) by giving access to other types of metadata originating from other applications or stored in other formats.
The SwitchClient Module is a separate desktop application allowing users to access the Switch Server remotely.
Common Fallacies About Automation
Implementing automation is time-consuming…
Enfocus Switch is built around the concept of gradual, stepped implementation that starts with one or two production “pain points” that can be implemented quickly.
Once these issues have been successfully addressed, you can tackle more complex workflow automation challenges. Gradual implementation is the key to success.
Automation is complicated…
Automation does not have to be complicated! And, while Switch is incredibly sophisticated, setting up flows is easy for novice and advanced users.
However, as your automation projects grow in complexity, it is important to be able to bring in experts. That’s why Enfocus works with Certified Partners — experts who implement automation projects on a regular basis and know how to tailor Switch to work best in your unique production environment.
Automation will make me lose my job…
Every company has to deal with repetitive tasks that add no value, but take time and increase the likelihood of introducing errors. Switch is perfectly suited to these jobs, freeing up staff to provide revenue generated services that deliver real value to customers.
Automation is not flexible…
On the contrary! Modular automation is like a box of building blocks, quickly and easily allowing you to build precisely what your company needs.
Using Switch, you can build any number of flows that support entirely different departments. One flow can integrate your web-to-print system with the internal estimating and scheduling system, while another automates prepress file preparation, and a third sets up files for delivery to a digital press. It can even help streamline bindery, assembly and fulfillment tasks! Additionally, because the system is open, it can easily be linked to your existing tools and databases.
Automation is expensive…
Most production automation solutions are complex and pricey. Fortunately, Switch provides an economical alternative that lets you implement only the modules you need, minimising the investment requirements.
In addition, Switch enables you to take full advantage of your existing software investments as well as your employees’ skills in using them!
Automation locks me in…
Automation is not just for large organisations — in fact, automation is recommended for companies of all sizes. Switch enables organisations to increase total throughput without increasing head count or overtime, so your company can compete with much larger competitors. Any sised company can benefit greatly by automating the most simple & basic repetitive tasks and frequently they are not the ones you are initially considering when implementing automation!
“Automation is not the enemy. Having collaborated with many graphic designers over the years, I always find it shocking how many don’t even avail themselves of style sheets or the batch processing tools in Adobe Bridge, and waste hours upon hours manually reformatting images and text. Likewise, it’s just as shocking to realise the extent to which resistance to automation results in many lost hours of more productive — and more satisfying — work. We ignore all these conveniences at our, and our businesses’, peril.” — Richard Romano, Senior Analyst, WhatTheyThink
Add Switch to your day-to-day processes and:
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Standardise processes and improve quality of work
- Reduce errors and rework
- Save time and money
- Increase total throughput of jobs
- Free up employees’ time so they can deliver value-added services
Switch Within the Enfocus Family
In addition to seamlessly connecting with third-party applications, Switch offers powerful synergies with other Enfocus Solutions