With Connect ALL, it’s like having a prepress professional on-site with your design clients!
- Like to receive PDF files right the first time?
- Teach your customer technical details over and over again?
- Spend hours of unbillable time correcting incoming files?
- Like to know when a client sends in a file or correction?
- Like to leave work on time?
Creating a PDF from most desktop applications is not a massive challenge. However, ensuring that the file created is a press-ready PDF for professional output still is. Connect is designed to traverse the gap between creative and production professionals by helping designers deliver high-quality jobs right – the first time – with no IT or prepress skills required. This saves valuable time in production and helps avoid costly mistakes.
Today, designers are creating files for a variety of mediums like computers, mobile devices, tablets and even for multiple browsers. What happens far too often is that the files that are sent to a media service provider don’t match the required output settings. The service provider then needs to correct the designers’ creations so that they will be suitable for their ultimate purpose.
The printer spends too much time and too many resources fixing PDFs that lack basic quality control standards. The designer, meanwhile, experiences delays in production and a lack of control over the final output. The lack of quality in the PDFs sent by designers to production is an issue for everyone involved in the production process.
Connect 2017 addresses the most common problems with PDF files at the source – on the creator’s workstation, where they can be easily fixed. By controlling the overall PDF creation process, and tying it to the correction and preflight capabilities of the built-in PitStop technology, typical issues such as missing fonts, low-resolution images and other common problems are easily addressed before the PDF files are received by the service provider for production.
The Enfocus Connect family was designed to increase the efficiency of PDF file delivery from designer to service provider.
For PDF creation, Enfocus Connect has the Adobe Normalizer built right in the same engine used by the Adobe Creative Suite or Acrobat.
Enfocus Connect creates easy-to-use applets called Connectors, that sit on your client’s desktop and which have all the necessary settings contained within them. The multipurpose cross-platform applets, called Connectors, automatically perform a variety of tasks, including high-quality PDF creation from any application, verification, job ticketing, and automated file/job delivery via FTP, HTTP, e-mail or Enfocus Switch.
Each Connector contains all the settings and information needed for every function, including log-on credentials for file transfer. The Connector appears as a desktop icon for easy drag-and-drop access, and is also accessed via either an application’s Print menu, or a dedicated “Export as Certified PDF” menu option in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CS5-CC editions.
When used by a designer, the Connector can help to replace the prepress knowledge required for the output process. By simply ‘printing’ to the correct Connector, the designer can easily generate a top-quality PDF from whatever application they are using, even historically challenging applications like Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher.
Once the PDF creation process is complete, the Connector can send the PDF and related job information to the service provider. Receiving files directly from the Connector helps avoid the cumbersome FTP or HTTP upload processes and gives the print provider confidence that the PDF is of the best quality and is (in most cases) ready for production. This means no phone calls, no support issues for the prepress staff and no delays in files entering production.
PRINT SERVICE PROVIDER:
- Create a branded Connector combining PDF output settings, job ticketing details and file transmission settings.
- Distribute the Connector to the customer.
- Download the Connector.
- Export, print or drag-and-drop files onto the
- Fill out the job ticket details such as due date,
quantity, paper type, etc.
The Connector takes over, generating the PDF file based on the print service provider’s requirements and delivering it with the job ticket via FTP, HTTP, Dropbox or email.
NO MORE HASSLE FOR EITHER PARTY!
Designers and Print Buyers – Print to a Connector
- Nothing to remember
- Easy to use
- Perfectly matching the printers’ settings
- Avoid multiple proofing and approval cycles
- Eliminate common PDF problems and errors Minimise miscommunication
- PDF automatically delivered to the right location with the correct output specifications.
PRINT SERVICE PROVIDERS CAN DISTRIBUTE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF BRANDED CONNECTORS
Connectors ensure that all incoming files meet your production requirements and are accompanied by a job ticket that synchs with both estimating and scheduling systems and your prepress workflow.
- PDF quality control using built-in Enfocus PitStop technology, including support for Smart Preflight.
- Create high-quality PDF files from any application via a virtual print driver or an Adobe Creative Suite plug-in.
- Deliver files to FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPs, email, Dropbox, or Enfocus Switch workflows.
- Create custom XML, CSV, or TXT job tickets that are uploaded with a job.
- Define variable file names for PDF files.
- Restrict file delivery based on file type.
- Update remote Connectors automatically.
- Receive automatic notification emails.
Tech specs – Connector Features
- Define and manage as many Connector projects as needed
- Create and distribute unlimited number of Connectors
- Create Connectors for MacOS and Windows
- Customise the functions of each Connector
- Brand Connectors with your icon and background image
- Add your customer URL link to the Connector screen
- Add your custom instructions to the Connector screen
- Colorise text to match your custom background
- Lock Connector projects to avoid accidental changes
Connector Functions – PDF Creation
- Enable a virtual printer for PDF creation from any application
- Enable plug-in support for Creative Suite and Creative Cloud products
- Virtual printer PDF creation through the built-in Adobe Normalizer
- Predefine PDF settings using standard Adobe PDF Settings
- Automatically rename PDFs with static text and variables
- Use Job Ticket fields as variables in PDF file naming
- Adjust bleeds, marks and more for Creative Suite/Cloud applications
- Restrict printing for client-side saved PDFs created by Connectors
- Apply Pitstop Action List to client-side saved PDFs created by Connectors
Connector Functions – PDF Preflight
- Define a PitStop Pro Preflight Profile to verify that PDFs meet your standards
- Define a PitStop Pro Action List to correct common PDF problems
- Enable colour management settings for PDFs
- Enable Certified PDF “full save”
- Restrict or allow PDFs that fail Preflight to be delivered
- Select to deliver a Preflight report
- Select from all preset or custom Pitstop Preflight report styles to be used by a Connector
- Select to deliver an annotated Preflight report
- Enable or disable Preflight review for Connector users
- Add a Preflight results identifier to file names
- Use Smart Preflight with electronic Job Tickets to customise Preflight settings
Check out the overview of Connect — Designed for Control, Consistency and Ease
Find out how quickly Connect pays for itself!